It’s a question many passengers wrestle with if they’ve been involved in an accident, are hurt and are dealing with doctor and hospital bills. Quite often they’re left frustrated and confused about what to do next.
Some of those questions might be:
- Should they contact an attorney?
- What do attorneys cost?
- Was the accident caused by something the cruise line or a crew member did (or did not do)?
- Was negligence on the part of the cruise line involved?
- Why won’t the cruise line respond to me?
- Why is the cruise line not taking this seriously?
- How do I file a claim?
- Should I file a claim with the cruise line or let an attorney do it?
What can an experienced cruise ship lawyer help with?
You should contact a cruise lawyer if you’re trying to answer any of the above questions and are not feeling comfortable with the answers or information you currently have.
Very simply, a cruise ship injury lawyer will help you understand 1) if you have a valid reason for a claim (or a reason to sue the cruise line) and if so 2) how to proceed with filing that claim and then 3) what the plan of action would be moving forward.
A plan of action could include how to deal with the cruise line. How to deal with hospital and doctor bills. And much, much else. There is a lot that goes into filing an injury claim against a cruise line and for seeking financial compensation for your injuries.
When should you contact a cruise ship injury lawyer?
- When a serious injury occurs – one that requires multiple doctors visits, surgery and rehabilitation.
- When the cruise line or its employees were at fault for your injury. It was their mistake or negligence that led to you being injured.
- Before too much time passes. Most cruise lines will dictate when injury claims can be filed against them. Quite often, that’s within 6 months to a year of the injury (each cruise line has its own terms).
- Anytime that you’re unsure of your legal rights after an injury. A lawyer can help clear things up for you and provide real information for moving forward.
***Most passengers don’t really know how to evaluate a serious injury or determine who was at fault for their injury. And frankly, they don’t need to. If you have any questions about your injury and want to seek clarification from a lawyer – or ask any questions at all – then you should.
The most common injures we see?
- Severe back injuries – herniated and slipped discs
- Broken wrists an arms
- Wrenched knees and broken legs
- Concussions and head injuries
- Internal injuries and bleeding from falls, slips and trips
At Waks and Barnett, P.A., we’ve been helping injured cruise ship passengers for more than 25 years. We’ve seen just about every type of injury – as well as sexual assaults, severe sickness, near-drownings and death. We’ve been able to help passengers get compensation for their injuries to help cover the costs of medical care and lost wages from missed time at work.
If you believe you have a claim against a cruise line – like Carnival Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, Disney Cruises, Celebrity Cruise and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines – or even if you’re unsure about your options – you should speak with cruise ship injury lawyers who have years of experience representing passengers and crewmembers.
Call Waks and Barnett, P.A. at 1-800-905-2891 for a free consultation. We can help with the frustration and confusion you and your family may be experiencing.