And while most passengers will have a wonderful time on their cruise, it’s important to remember that personal safety (for both parents and their children) is something to keep in mind.
Here are ways to help avoid swimming pool accidents on the cruise:
- Obey all rules and guidelines posted by the cruise line (or its employees)
- Study your surroundings and look out for any potential hazards (like slippery spots or areas with standing water around the pool or waterslide)
- No running
- Wear appropriate shoes / some children wear water shoes
- Take note of any staff or lifeguards that may be stationed around the pool areas
- Take note of any malfunctioning equipment
- Watch your children closely, it’s easy to lose sight of them on a busy cruise
- Drinking alcohol can lead to injury and poor decision making for adults
Most common cruise ship pool injuries:
The most common accidents that will occur around the pool (and the surrounding areas – bar, lounge chair areas, food bars, passageways, etc.) are slip and fall accidents and drownings or near-drownings.
Slip and fall accidents can quickly lead to injuries – head injuries and concussions, broken arms, wrists, ankles and back injuries (very common for older passengers).
Near-drownings are frightening events and the aftermath can range from minor injuries to more serious injuries.
Contact a cruise ship accident lawyer:
Injured by the pool on a cruise ship? Have questions about what to do next and want to speak with a cruise accident lawyer?
At Waks and Barnett, P.A. we’ve helped hundreds of injured passengers understand what their legal options are and how to get started with legal action if necessary.
All of this starts with a free, no obligation consultation with one of our lawyers. To contact our firm, please call at 1-800-905-2891, email at email@example.com or fill out a quick and easy contact form by clicking here.
Our attorneys – Andrew Waks, Joel Barnett and Jennifer Thompson – specialize in:
- Passenger injury and accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sexual assaults
- Medical negligence, malpractice and illness
- Tender accidents
- Shore excursion accidents
- Crew member injury and accidents
How can we help you? Call us at 800-905-2891.