If you’ve been injured on a cruise ship – Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, etc. – and need to hire a lawyer to represent you against the cruise line, there are a 2 main places to start your search:
- 1 – do an online search for an attorney who specializes in cruise injury claims
- 2 – contact a local attorney (who likely does not)
Finding a knowledgeable cruise injury attorney, one who is experienced with dealing with claims made against the cruise lines can make all the difference.
If you’re searching for a Florida lawyer or law firm to help you with your claim, please consider:
- the lawyer or the firm’s experience dealing with the cruise lines
- settlements and verdicts of the firm
- the location of the firm (yes, it matters)
- injury claims against Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian MUST to be filed in Florida to be valid. Don’t let a lawyer without experience misguide you here!
Once you’ve narrowed your search online, it’s time to call a few law firms and talk to them about your potential claim. They should be able to advise you on what steps to take.
Often, this initial conversation is free of charge (and really – an initial call with a lawyer to explain your situation should not cost you a thing. If a lawyer asks to be compensated for the initial consultation, please move on to another law firm!
Your next step is to agree to work with a firm. Your decision should be made on the initial relationship you’ve made with the lawyers or firm.
It should also be based on any information you’ve been able to discern from their website and any reviews you may find.
We wish you luck on your search.
If you are contacting a cruise injury law firm in Florida, it’s because you’re at a point where you need real help. Often this is due to mounting medical bills and because of frustration of dealing with the cruise lines themselves. Trying to do this by yourself is difficult and potentially overwhelming.
At Waks and Barnett, the CruiseLawyers.com, we can help you better understand your rights as an injured cruise ship passenger. For more information, please contact our office at 800-905-2891.