We Help Victims of Cruise Ship Accidents
At Waks and Barnett, P.A., we make it a point to devote our full attention and resources to each of our clients. That begins with the first phone call and carries through until your case is resolved.
This is the approach we’ve taken for over 25 years – and it’s served our clients well.
Our clients, who are often the victims of terrible accidents or utter negligence by the cruise lines, benefit from our dedication to their cases and the compassion and understanding we provide to them.
With our meticulous approach to casework and extensive experience dealing with personal injury claims, we can help you resolve your case in the most effective manner possible.
Meet Our Attorneys
Andrew Waks and Joel Barnett have achieved the coveted AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest ethical and professional rating possible.
They are members of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers and sustaining members of the American Trial Lawyers Association. Mr. Waks is also a member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates.
Your Case Is Not Our First Case
That’s an important point to make. Our highly experienced attorneys understand how to create effective strategies for successful representation of your injury.
Cruise injury law is a specialized area of the law and one that your local, hometown attorney most likely won’t be able to handle. In fact, most attorneys end up referring their cases to cruise injury law firms like ours because of our specific experience dealing with these types of claims and lawsuits.
Thank You for Visiting Our Website and Considering Our Firm
Working with a cruise line to file an injury claim can be a complicated and frustrating process, especially when you try to do it alone. The best results generally come when an injured passenger hires a lawyer to help with their case.
We help passengers by representing them, by using our knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding cruise injury claims and by utilizing our specific experience dealing with cruise ship accidents
We are available for consultation regarding personal injury claims and will speak with you even if you are unsure about whether you have a valid claim or not. Many passengers don’t even realize they can sue a cruise line until the talk with a lawyer.
Our goal: to help injured passengers get the compensation they deserve
- Compensation for their injuries, pain and suffering
- Payments for doctor’s bills, surgery and other medical bills
- Money for missed time at work or lost wages
Recent Injury Claim Inquires in 2015
This is just a small sampling of the inquiries we’ve received lately. It is important to remember that if you’ve been injured on a cruise ship, you should speak with an attorney. We can help you determine if you do have a valid claim against the cruise line and can seek financial compensation for your injuries.
- Mar, 2015: Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Quantum of the Seas: Passenger experienced crushed, broken fingers and hand after door slammed shut on it
- Mar, 2015: Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Valor: Leg injury suffered by passenger on first day of cruise
- Feb, 2015: Disney Cruise Lines, Disney Magic: Slip and fall accident to passenger in dining room, resulting in ‘busted knees and messed up back’
- Feb, 2015: Princess Cruise Lines: Passenger with lacerations from cut foot on broken bottles left near hot tub
- Feb, 2015: Viking Cruise Lines: Passenger with fractured shoulder bone caused by cleaning basket left in hallway during safety drill
- Jan, 2015: Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Magic: Passengers with health concerns and questions about their legal rights
- Jan, 2015: Norwegian Cruise Lines: Passengers on excursion received facial injuries and broken teeth
- Jan, 2015: Norwegian Cruise Lines: Crew member with herniated disk
- Jan, 2015: Norwegian Cruise Lines, Pride of America: Crew member whose eye wash splashed with chemicals and left blinded
Please visit our personal injury Settlements and Verdicts page for more information.
Injured in an Accident?
Need to speak with an attorney? Please call us at this toll-free number: 800-905-2891.