Can you sue Carnival Cruise lines for a concussion or severe head injury that occurred while you were a passenger aboard their ship?
Filing an injury claim against Carnival or suing the cruise line will depend on a number of factors, all of which would be discussed with you when you call our offices at 800-905-2891.
Those factors would include:
- Where did the injury occur?
- How did the injury occur?
- Who was responsible for the accident?
- Did the cruise line (or it’s employees) do something — or not do something — that led to the injury?
- Did you actually suffer an injury — physical, emotional, financial, etc?
- What was the severity of the injury?
**Note: every injury in unique and the details surrounding the incident can greatly impact the ability to sue the cruise line — or not. This is where an experienced attorney can help.
Signs You May Have Had a Concussion
Signs and symptoms from the Mayo Clinic website – to read more about concussion symptoms, go here:
- Headache or a feeling of pressure in the head
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
- Amnesia surrounding the traumatic event
- Dizziness or “seeing stars”
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Delayed response to questions
- Appearing dazed
It’s important to note too that some symptoms of concussions may be immediate — or — may be delayed by hours or days after injury, such as
- Concentration and memory complaints
- Irritability and other personality changes
- Sensitivity to light and noise
- Sleep disturbances
- Psychological adjustment problems and depression
- Disorders of taste and smell
Many people don’t even know they sustained a concussion until well after they’ve ended their cruise vacation and have gone back to work. They know they fell on the cruise and hit their head, but the damage and pain they’re experiencing sometimes does not show until much later.
Your doctor — if you’ve seen one — will be helpful in determining what after effects you may be experiencing.
Concussions Do Happen On Carnival As Well As Other Cruise Ships
It’s unfortunate, but accidents and injuries are common on Carnival Cruise Ships. Our office receives calls on a weekly basis from passengers who have been seriously hurt on their cruise vacation and need to speak with someone about their legal options.
Just in November 2016, we have received 2 inquiries from passengers hurt on a Carnival cruise vacation. These came through the submission form on our website.
1 – Concussion on the Carnival Sensation
2 – Injury on Carnival Cruise
These are real inquires where passengers who have been hurt and are struggling with a painful injury or injuries. They’ve reached out to our attorneys because they feel they need help.
And they have many questions, including:
- Do they have a claim?
- Is their claim valid?
- Is Carnival responsible for their injury?
- What responsibility does Carnival have if in fact they were responsible?
- What are the chances the passenger can be compensated for their injury?
(so far in 2016, we’ve received more than 50 inquiries from passengers who were injured on a Carnival Cruise Line Vessel – from January through November, 2016).
If you’ve been injured while sailing with Carnival and believe that your injury was sustained due to the negligence of the crew, the cruise line or even a fellow passenger, you may have a potential claim.
Contact an Attorney
The best approach is to spend a few minutes with a cruise ship injury lawyer who can answer your questions and provide a clear understanding of what your legal rights are as an injured passenger.
For more information from our attorneys, please call us today. There is no-obligation with the call — and — the call with our attorneys is free. 1-800-905-2891.