Injured on a Cruise Ship?
Follow these steps – a helpful guide from Waks and Barnett, P.A. – Cruise Ship Injury Attorneys
If you’ve been injured on a cruise ship, there are certain actions you’ll want to take.
Your goal should be both to protect yourself and your health immediately following the accident.
You also want to protect your rights and your ability to file a lawsuit – this often means acting immediately as well.
Seek immediate help
First and foremost is to seek help immediately for your injury. The quicker you can get first aid or have the ship’s doctor evaluate our injury, the more likely you are to receive the proper and accurate treatment needed to minimize further damage and pain.
Here are other things to consider:
- Take note of the circumstances surrounding your injury
Write down the contact information of anyone involved in the accident or anyone who was a witness to the incident.
- Take photographs of the scene and your injury.
- A written report of the accident should be filed with the cruise ship.
- Contact a cruise ship injury attorney
- If possible, contact a cruise ship attorney while you are still on board the cruise ship.
- Once you are back home, contact an attorney.
- Contact the attorneys at Waks and Barnett
At Waks and Barnett, P.A. we are experienced cruise ship injury attorneys. Our firm works hard to help victims of cruise ship and other boating related accidents to file lawsuits if appropriate and obtain compensation for their injuries.
If your or someone you know was injured or became sick while on a cruise vacation, call us today to schedule a consultation.
We’re here to help you. Contact us at 800-905-2891.