A little over a year after the Costa Concordia tragedy, the incident still continues to take front stage in world media.
And even though the accident occurred in Italy, there have been many Florida connections, including:
- The hiring of Miami and Florida based cruise ship injury attorneys
- The ship’s operator, Costa Crociere is a unit of Miami-based Carnival Corporation
- Some passengers were from Florida
- At least one dismissed lawsuit filed in Florida by Italian businesses
- Numerous pending lawsuits filed within Florida by affected passengers and other parties
At Waks and Barnett, we continue to follow developments regarding the accident and pending lawsuits.
For more information about the Costa Concordia accident or other cruise ship injuries and accidents, please call Waks and Barnett at 1-800-905-2891.