Cruise Passenger Alleges Negligence Is Reason for Injuries

A Nov. 25 report in the Florida Record tells of a disabled passenger suing Carnival Cruise Line. In the lawsuit filed by attorneys John Billera of Billera Law in Boca Raton and by Joseph Madalon of The Madalon Law Firm in Fort Lauderdale, the passenger alleges that negligence led to her injuries aboard the Carnival Ecstasy.

That lawsuit was reported in the Florida Record — Passenger Alleges Carnival Cruise Ship Negligence Caused Injuries

Per the lawsuit…

According to the complaint, on Nov. 23, 2015, McBride suffered severe injuries when her wheelchair was thrown off the ramp and onto the ground while she was disembarking the Carnival Ecstasy. The plaintiff alleges Carnival failed to provide adequate supervision and assistance to disabled passengers while disembarking from the ship.

McBride seeks trial by jury, damages of more than $75,000 plus interest and all other relief the court deems just.

Were You Hurt in a Cruise Ship Accident and Need Help Getting Compensation for Your Injuries?

At Waks and Barnett, P.A., our lawyers fight the cruise lines, their legal department and the insurance adjusters to help you and your family receive fair compensation for your injuries, your medical bills and your wages for lost time at work.

Accident and injuries caused by negligence are relatively common aboard Carnival Cruise ships. While unfortunate, the reality is that with so many people traveling on cruise ships each year, accidents do happen. Sometimes they are “just accidents” and sometimes, negligent actions by the cruise line, the crew or others play a role in the accident.

When a passenger feels that the actions (or inaction) of the cruise line contributed to their injury, that’s when they begin searching for help from a cruise ship injury lawyer.

It’s important to know that, if you were injured on a cruise, you do have legal rights and opportunities to file complaints against the cruise line.

Please contact us using the form above or call directly at 1-800-905-2891.