Passenger Sues After Breaking Leg on Carnival Dream Cruise Ship

Earlier this year, our firm filed a lawsuit on behalf of a passenger injured in the hot tub of a Carnival Cruise Ship, the Carnival Dream.

That lawsuit was reported in the Florida Record — Cruise Ship Passenger Sues for Damages After Allegedly Breaking Leg

Per the lawsuit…

According to the complaint, the plaintiff alleges that, on Jan. 10, she slipped and fell on the steps as she was exiting the hot tub on Deck 10 on the ship Dream, resulting in a fractured femur in her left leg. The plaintiff holds Carnival Corp. responsible because the defendant allegedly failed to warn her of the dangerous condition of the surface and failed to remedy such condition, despite prior knowledge of same.

The plaintiff seeks the following: compensation for damages allowed law, costs for this action, prejudgment interest and any further relief that the court may deem just and proper. She is represented by Joel M. Barnett of Waks & Barnett PA in Miami.

Accident and injuries caused by negligence are relatively common aboard Carnival Cruise ships. While unfortunate, the reality is that with so many people traveling on cruise ships each year, accidents do happen. Sometimes they are “just accidents” and sometimes, negligent actions by the cruise line, the crew or others play a role in the accident.

When a passenger feels that the actions (or inaction) of the cruise line contributed to their injury, that’s when they begin searching for help from a cruise ship injury lawyer.

It’s important to know that, if you were injured on a cruise, you do have legal rights and opportunities to file complaints against the cruise line.

Were You Hurt in a Cruise Ship Accident and Need Help Getting Compensation for Your Injuries?

At Waks and Barnett, P.A., our lawyers fight the cruise lines, their legal department and the insurance adjusters to help you and your family receive fair compensation for your injuries, your medical bills and your wages for lost time at work.

Please contact us using the form above or call directly at 1-800-905-2891.